Area of Expertise:
- Certified executive and entrepreneurial coach
- Work life balance
- Overcoming challenging circumstances
- Strategic planning
- The Road to Someplace Better:
From the Segregated South to Harvard Business
School and Beyond
- Sister to Sister: A Guide for African American
- Power of God Daily Devotional 2013 (co-author)
Seminars or Keynote Topics
- Guiding Principles to Move you from Victim to Victor.
- Empowerment: Three "C's" You Must Master
- Do You really Need to "Have it All"
- Turn Your Pity Party into a Joyous Celebration.
- Applying Moral Principles to Your Everyday Life.
- Steps to Restore the Passion in Your Personal and Business Life
- How to Avoid Burnout
- Features of a Sound Strategic Plan
A captivating speaker Lillian speaks about the power of persistence, resilience,
courage and morality in surmounting hurdles that prevent people from reaching
their full potential. Because of her experiences in facing and dealing with
overwhelming circumstances — during her youth, her college years and in the
world of entrepreneurship — Lillian is invited to speak to a wide variety of
audiences and organizations. She draws on her life experiences from the farm to
Harvard Business School to show how to use obstacles and barriers as stepping
stones to higher levels of achievement and success. For more than 30 years, she
has shared her hard-won wisdom on a range of business and inspirational topics
to audiences small and large including traveling to Johannesburg, South Africa,
to speak to the South African Black Vintners Association on the importance of
building alliances to gain competitive advantage.
She is the first African American woman to receive an MBA from Harvard Business
School during the tumultuous 1960's. In the mid 1970's, when few women were
starting businesses, she became a barrier-breaking entrepreneur. The company
grew to $20 million in sales and more than 1,200 employees with a client base of
blue-chip companies and major governments.
As a business coach, she works with businesses to help them go beyond their
preconceived limitations and achieve their goals and aspirations. Her education
gives her the theoretical knowledge when combined with her experience as an
entrepreneur brings a unique expertise that shows companies how to develop and
grow successful businesses.
Using the power of storytelling, she inspires audiences to dream big, act bold
and pave their own paths. Her message speaks volumes, offering guidance, hope
and inspiration for anyone who is striving to achieve a better life.
- Board of Visitors, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Board of Directors, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
- Board of Directors, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Engineering
- Board of Directors, African American Alumni Association, Harvard Business
- Member, Association for the Study of African American Life and History
- Member and former board member, Metropolitan Business League
- Past president, Building Service Contractor Association, International
- Former Board member, Minority Supplier Development Council/MDDC
- Former Board member, Citizens Bank of Maryland
- Former Board Member, Board of Regents, University system of Maryland
- Former Board Member, Prince George's Chamber of Commerce
- Former Board Member, Women's Business Research
Awards & Recognitions
- Harvard Business School Alumni Achievement Award
- Enterprising Women Inductee
- TheHistoryMakers Inductee
- Virginia Women in History Recipient
- Dominion Resources Strong Men Strong Women Recipient
- Harvard Business School African American Alumni Association's Bert King Award
- MBA of the Year, Harvard Business School African American Alumni Association
- Small Business Person of the Year, State of Maryland
- Entrepreneur of the Year, Black MBA Association
- Top 50 Women-Owned Businesses, Washington Business Journal
- Finalist, Entrepreneur of the Year, Ernst & Young.